On October 31st, we celebrate Reformation Day.
About half a millennium ago, Martin Luther rocked Christendom by nailing his 95 theses to the Wittenberg Castle Church door, declaring his objections to key teachings of the Church at the time, especially those related to the sale of indulgence.
Among Luther’s teachings (many of which we take for granted today) were the 5 Solas:
- Sola Scriptura-the Bible alone is our authority to determine doctrine (and not, say, tradition or hearsay)
- Sola Fide – salvation is through faith alone (and not prayers or payments to the church)
- Sola Gratia – salvation is by grace alone (i.e. that it is an act of God, and has nothing to do with Man’s efforts)
- Sola Christus – Christ alone is our Lord and Saviour (no other ‘god’ saves us)
- Soli Deo Gloria – We live for the glory of God alone
By the grace of Christ, may we continually affirm and uphold these 5 teachings of our faith, and may God be glorified and loved through it all.
We are a family-oriented congregation of faith. Through a mix of contemporary and traditional music, visual media and practical messages, we present the ageless truths of the Bible in a format that’s easy to understand. Regardless of where you are on your faith journey — whether you are seeking answers about or from God, or you are committed to Christ and seek an even deeper faith in His will — our hearts are open.
Come and join us in worship and in praise! Our regular Sunday worship begins at 8:30am. Please contact our church administrator or check our calendar of events for information on any of our special services.
[Scroll all the way down for more information.]